Psychologist (Educational and Developmental Psychology Registrar)
Lucia is a child and adolescent psychologist with a Masters in Educational and Developmental Psychology. She has completed specialist training in the assessment and diagnosis of neurodevelopmental disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Specific Learning Disorders, Intellectual Disability and behaviours of concern. Lucia has over 20 years experience working with children and adolescents, their families and school staff in the fields of education and psychology. Her experience in the State and Catholic Education Systems ensures her recommendations are relevant and practical.
In her interactions with clients, Lucia uses an ecological framework that acknowledges the contributions of the clients experience, environment, biology, family system and school setting to their presenting concerns and integrates this knowledge to ensure the most effective treatment outcome.
Lucia has extensive experience in therapeutic interventions for children and adolescents on the autism spectrum to
- develop emotional regulation and social skills
- anxiety and depression
- behavioural strategies to manage attention difficulties school refusal, peer relationships and other school related issues
- identify and develop response plans in conjunction with teachers and parents to behaviours of concern
- working with teaching staff to make appropriate adjustments and modifications to educational programs for children with Specific Learning Disorders
- Intellectual Disability and specific educational needs
Lucia is a Member of the Australian Psychological Society.