As a parent, you play an important role in helping your child develop the mental skills and resilience they need to perform at their best. In this workshop, we will explore the intersection of performance psychology and junior athletics, and provide practical strategies and tools that parents can use to help their children achieve their full potential on and off the field.
Some of the topics we will cover in this workshop include:
- Understanding the Junior Athlete's Experience: We will provide insight into the unique challenges and pressures that junior athletes face, and discuss the role of parents in supporting their children through these challenges.
- Building Mental Toughness: We will explore the concept of mental toughness and provide strategies for building resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity.
- Mindfulness and Visualization: Participants will learn about the benefits of mindfulness and visualization for sports performance, and will be guided through exercises to help their children develop these skills.
- Managing Performance Anxiety: We will provide strategies for managing performance anxiety and help parents understand how they can support their children in developing a more confident and calm mindset when competing.
- Developing a Winning Mentality: We will discuss the importance of having a winning mentality, and provide tips for helping children develop a more positive and confident outlook on life and sport.
This workshop is designed for parents of junior athletes of all levels, and is suitable for those who are looking to better understand the unique challenges and opportunities that junior athletes face. Our experienced and knowledgeable trainers will be on hand to answer any questions and provide personalized guidance and support.
If you are a parent looking to support your child's athletic pursuits and help them achieve their full potential, we encourage you to join us for this exciting and impactful workshop. Register today and start your journey to a more confident and successful athletic future for your child!
The small group workshops are a safe space. There will be some questions asked towards the guests around their own general experiences and at times universal experiences of all parents. During these points of the presentation, guests can choose to contribute their own experiences as little or as much as they like during these points, there is no pressure to contribute your own experiences.
After the presentation, if you have specific questions around your own circumstance, the psychologist, will be more than happy to speak one on one.
If the event is sold out, please contact (03) 5216 3999 to go on the wait list for the next event.
For more information, visit EventBrite